Senior Personal Injury Lawyer
Personal Injury Lawyer - Feb 2024.
O'Shea & Dyer Solicitors Pty Ltd
Townsville, Northern QLD
Personal Injury Law (Legal)
$120,000 – $180,000 based on PAE & Competence
To apply email directly to: [email protected] (our office manager) and include a brief letter and CV.
This position is advertised on LinkedIn, Facebook and Seek: https://www.seek.com.au/job/73700231
OSheaDyer Solicitors Townsville, established in 1983, provides legal representation for Compensation Law, Family Law, and Wills/Estates. We have a long-established personal injuries practice led by our Director, Ivan Baxter. An opportunity has arisen for an experienced personal injuries lawyer to join our team at Senior Associate level.
This is an opportunity for an experienced practitioner (6+ years PAE in personal injury litigation) invigorated by plaintiff work; who desires to work in a team that is supportive and flexible, competent and fun; who is seeking excellent salary and bonus incentives.
We have career progression opportunities to reward excellent lawyers who are keen to break through the ‘salary’ barrier and become shareholders in a profitable business.
Our Director Ivan Baxter leads the PI Team. Senior Associate Tyla Leo works closely with Ivan to supervise and teach lawyers, Sam Stewart and Bridget Barrie. We have experienced paralegals working in this team as well.
We are looking for an experienced PI lawyer who is keen to work collaboratively in the team, who ideally, doesn't require supervision.
Working in the PI Team
- Our Personal Injury Team currently consists of 4 lawyers and 2 paralegals.
- We act for plaintiffs on a variety of personal injury claims including motor vehicle, WorkCover, public liability, TPD claims, etc.
- Our PI Team is highly competent. We enjoy challenging, interesting, technical work that has us attending conferences and court hearings regularly in Townsville, Cairns and Brisbane. We care for our clients and are proud to obtain great results for our clients.
- OSheaDyer uses LEAP and our PI Team is guided by software that allows all team members to see at a glace, activity on all files in real time. The team communicates constantly and seamlessly, and meets weekly to strategise and allocate tasks. Everyone in the team has a role to play on each file, to ensure prudent progression of claims.
- We never pressure clients to settle claims. We are ready to litigate in court if need be. We work with excellent barristers. We charge our clients reasonable fees. We are no win, no fee and don't charge uplift fees.
- We genuinely care for each other and enjoy each others company and sense of humor. We have an office team culture that is based on trusting one another.
- We offer excellent work flexibility. We balance working from home/remotely/at the office, with ensuring our team is cohesive, work is of a high standard, and matters are progressed quickly. We have full-time and part-time options for work, though this position is ideally suited to full-time.
- We offer excellent salary and bonus opportunities.
- OSheaDyer has a Career Progression Plan for lawyers. This Plan outlines the pathway from newly admitted solicitor to Associate, Senior Associate, Shareholder and Consultant.
- We are steered by the OSheaDyer Vision Statement; our commitment to having highly competent lawyers; obtaining excellent results for our clients; charging reasonable fees; and to being profitable.
- We support our community. We currently support a local Townsville charity, Fuel for Schools.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position please contact: