phone07 4772 5155

Accident or Public Liability (PIPA) Claims

8:30 - 17:00
8:30 - 17:00

Let's start with a chat

Call now 

07 4772 5155

Accident or Public Liability (PIPA) Claims

Your First Appointment to Discuss your Claim is NO CHARGE. To make an appointment and speak with an Experienced Lawyer - Call Here

We are NO WIN NO FEE Lawyers.

If you are injured in a public or private place that is 'in the public domain' you may have a compensation claim. 

These types of claims are often referred to as slip, trip or fall injuries and commonly occur in parks, shopping centers and amusement venues, cafes and hotels. 

Individuals, businesses and organisations (like a local council) have a duty of care to ensure the safety of people who visit their premises. Places should be hazard free with safety measures in place to prevent risk.

Types of public liability claims may include:

  • injuries in parks, pavements, leisure centers or other public places. These could include back and neck injuries from a slip trip or fall.
  • injuries in rental premises from things like a wobbly balcony.
  • injury in a private building like a shopping center, nightclub or bar.
  • injuries caused by animals, for example, a dog attack.
  • amusement venue injuries.
  • recreational and sporting injuries like a diving or boating accident.
  • food poisoning.
  • physical assaults.
  • schoolyard injuries.
  • sexual assaults.
  • aviation injuries.
  • health and fitness injuries.
  • public transport injuries on buses and trains.

Public liability claims are referred to as PIPA claims because the legislation that covers the regulation of the claims process is the Personal Injury Proceedings Act Qld.

What Can I Claim Compensation for?

  • The law tries to put a money value on your loss.
  • You can claim compensation for:
  • Pain and suffering. This is called general damages or non-economic loss.
  • Loss of enjoyment of life because of your injury (including psychological injury).
  • Past and future wage loss or loss of earnings.
  • Past and future loss of superannuation entitlements.
  • Past and future expenses eg. Medical expenses, travel and home and vehicle modifications.
  • Care and help provided by friends, members of your family or commercial care costs.
  • Loss of capacity to care for someone who depends on you.

For more information about 

Accident Claims or Public Liability Claims PIPA



O'Shea Dyer Compensation Team

When you choose O’Shea Dyer as your Compensation lawyer, you have a team of experienced legal professionals, led by Ivan Baxter, working on your case.



Ivan Baxter

Lawyer & Director

Personal Injury Lawyer


Enquiry Form

First name

Last name




Type of enquiry

Please describe your situation


Get In

Request A Call Back




Subject of Enquiry