O’Shea Dyer Solicitors has been helping people with legal issues since we opened doors in 1983. We are committed to working together as a team to obtain excellent and affordable results for our clients.
We are on the lookout for an experienced para-legal or senior legal secretary to join our team.
This Position is in Personal Injuries and Compensation Law.
You will be working closely with the Director Ivan Baxter, Solicitor Tyla Leo and Para-Legal Shelleigh Naessens to manage and progress personal injury matters. These people are exceptional to work with and are an established team of many years. While they are required to have great attention to detail and be extremely organised, they enjoy a relaxed communication style, humor and positive team spirit.
The Primary Tasks of this Position Include:
- Dictation – Typing Letters and various documents
- Scheduling Meetings, planning and keeping everyone in the team organised and on track
- File Management. Allocating documents into LEAP folders
- Diarising time limits, important dates and entering important information into calendars
- Entering information into TEAMS and excel files
- Organising large documents into relevant files and folders
- Reviewing disclosure (Medical reports, financial and employment reports), noting and flagging issues.
- Preparing Draft Costs Agreements and Letters
- Liaising with funding organisations and paying accounts
- Keeping track of expenses on files
- Making travel arrangements
- Liaising with clients, lawyers, barristers, medical centres and doctors, engineers, claims officers, etc.
- Attending OSD team meetings, working closely with others and independently.
We are looking for someone:
- Who thinks long term and is joining us for the long term
- Who is able to grow with the workload
- Who is excited by the opportunity to extend their knowledge and skills by being given opportunities to draft documents, referral letters, S275 Notices and Schedules, Notices of Claim, PIPA Notices, preparing briefs, and lists of documents
- With previous experience in Personal injuries law. Though, while this is extremely advantageous it is not necessary.
- Who has previous experience with LEAP, Excel, Teams and Microsoft 365
The Position is:
- 3-5 days a week. (We are flexible and school hours can be accommodated.)
- Salary to be discussed at interview. We pay well above the award and take into account experience.
Please send your Application to:
Jo Roebuck – Office Manager Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Applications Close 4/6/2021